|Quick Link:||Taylor Swift's Favorite Supplements »|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Best Known For:||The most awarded country and pop album (Fearless, 1989) in history!|
|Online:||TaylorSwift.com, FB, Instagram, @Taylorswift13|
Taylor Swift is one of the most prominent recording artists of our time. People all over the world from all walks of life love her music. She has sold out arenas in New York, Oslo, São Paulo, Tokyo, and pretty much every other major global city.
During her illustrious career, Taylor Swift has sold over 50 million albums and won 10 Grammy awards (nominated for 32!). At the time of writing, she has over 85 million followers on Twitter.
Despite all of her successes, Taylor Swift is not immune to anxiety. Or the occasional case of stage fright. The good news is that she makes her health and wellness a top priority so that she can better deal with the stresses of being a global superstar.
Ms. Swift’s routine includes physical activities like running and high-intensity dance-cardio. She also makes sure to eat a balanced diet and stay hydrated. Her mindfulness practice involves regular journaling and self check-ins. And according to an interview with Elle Magazine, she has learned to rely on a couple of specific supplements.
Two of Taylor Swift’s favorite supplements are L-theanine and magnesium. L-theanine helps manage anxiety and combat any stage fright. Magnesium is for muscle health and energy .
Here, we will delve deeper into how those supplements might help Taylor Swift (or you) maintain her calm. We will also discuss some other supplements that could help with stage fright.
Taylor Swift’s favorite supplements
L-theanine to manage anxiety
L-theanine is one of the supplements that Taylor Swift regularly takes, according to her Elle interview. Let’s take a more in-depth look into it.
What is L-theanine?
L-theanine is an amino acid present in tea leaves and some types of mushrooms. It is similar in structure to glutamate, another amino acid that is involved in the proper function of the brain. L-theanine has been shown to cross the blood-brain barrier, which could increase its effectiveness as a supplement.
How L-theanine affects the brain
Research has shown that L-theanine may boost Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), dopamine, and serotonin  levels in the brain. These neurotransmitters promote stable mood, relaxation, alertness, healthy sleeping habits, and more .
Another function of L-theanine is to reduce brain chemicals that can cause stress and anxiety.
Try new Anxiety & Stage-Fright supplement for FREE: uVitals has developed & clinically tested a new All-natural Beta Blocker supplement: a uniquely formulated anxiety & stage-fright support supplement that will let you perform at your best & think clearly no matter how much pressure you're under.
One of the primary functions of GABA is to lower neuronal activity levels, which can have a calming effect. Since L-theanine boosts GABA, it may contribute to this process as well.
L-theanine can also play a role in protecting the brain from age-related damage .
L-theanine & increased alpha wave activity
According to a 2008 Dutch study, L-theanine increases the activity of alpha waves in the brain. Alpha waves can induce a state of wakeful relaxation. In other words, you will feel relaxed and alert at the same time. It’s the state of mind when you are most focused and creative.
In the study, healthy young participants took 50 mg of L-theanine (approximately 2 cups of black tea). Another group was given a placebo. The L-theanine group experienced higher alpha wave activity than the placebo group .
What are some other benefits of L-theanine?
Besides boosting brain health, here are some other benefits of L-theanine:
- May improve immune function .
- May promote stable blood pressure .
- Supports healthy sleeping habits .
- May provide relief from upper respiratory infections .
How to include L-theanine in your diet
Green tea is one of the best sources of L-theanine. It has been widely used in traditional Chinese medicine for ages. You can also drink black tea or oolong tea if you prefer. Otherwise, you can follow in Taylor Swift’s steps, and take an L-theanine supplement. Suntheanine L-Theanine 200mg is a brand that is highly rated by 3000-plus customers on Amazon.
Best Sources of L-theanine for anxiety & stage fright
Magnesium for stable blood pressure and mood
Magnesium is one of the most abundant minerals in the human body. It is involved in over 300 biochemical processes, including protein formation, energy creation, DNA repair, and nervous system regulation. Magnesium also promotes bone health and stable blood sugar levels, among various other functions .
Taylor Swift takes magnesium for energy and muscle health. While those can certainly be benefits of a magnesium supplement, it can also support stable blood pressure and promote relaxation.
How does magnesium help with stage fright?
Increased blood pressure is one of the symptoms of performance anxiety. By helping maintain stable blood pressure, magnesium may help those who are prone to experiencing stage fright. Low magnesium levels may also contribute to mood disorders like anxiety , which could make your stage fright worse.
How to include magnesium in your diet
To make sure you get an adequate amount of magnesium every day, eat plenty of leafy green vegetables like kale, spinach, collard greens, turnip greens, and mustard greens. You can also take a supplement. Both Thorne Research and Natural Calm are reputed brands for magnesium supplements.
Best Magnesium Supplements to help with stage fright
What other supplements should Taylor Swift take?
It certainly seems like Taylor Swift knows what she is doing when it comes to her health and wellbeing. Also, given that she is a mega-superstar-celebrity, it is safe to assume that she has access to some of the best nutrition and fitness advice out there.
However, if you’re a performer who isn’t a celebrity (yet), we do have some recommendations as far as natural ingredients to include in your diet.
GABA, or Gamma-aminobutyric acid, is an amino acid that plays the role of a neurotransmitter in the central nervous system. GABA’s primary function is to reduce the activity levels of neurons in the nervous system. If your GABA levels are disrupted, you might be more susceptible to anxiety.
GABA Supplements to help with anxiety
For detailed information on all the ingredients that can help with anxiety, stage fright and act as natural beta-blockers, check out our ultimate guide on the topic here.
Get the uVitals Anxiety & Stage-Fright supplement for FREE: we have developed & clinically tested a new All-natural Beta Blocker supplement: our unique anxiety & stage-fright support supplement that will let you stay calm, focused & think clearly no matter how much pressure you're under!
We want to get the anxiety & stage fright support supplement in the hands of users so you can provide feedback, that's why we are providing FREE samples to those who apply to our beta program by clicking here.
Products mentioned in this article
- Zest Tea Premium Energy Hot Tea, High Caffeine Blend Natural & Healthy Black Coffee Substitute, Perfect for Keto, 135 mg Caffeine per Serving, Pomegranate Mojito Green Tea, 30 Sachets (2 Tins)
- Zest Tea Premium Energy Hot Tea, High Caffeine Blend Natural & Healthy Traditional Black Coffee Substitute, Perfect for Keto, 150 mg Caffeine per Serving, Blue Lady Black Tea, 30 Sachets (2 Tins)
- VAHDAM, High Mountain Oolong Tea Leaves from Himalayas (50 Cups), 3.53oz, OOLONG TEA FOR WEIGHT LOSS, 100% Detox Tea, Weight Loss Tea, Slimming Tea - Brew Hot, Iced, Kombucha Tea | Loose Leaf Tea
- Suntheanine® L-Theanine 200mg (Double-Strength) in Cold-Pressed Organic Coconut Oil; Non-GMO & Gluten Free - 60 Liquid Softgels
- Pure Encapsulations - Magnesium (Citrate) - Hypoallergenic Supplement Supports Nutrient Utilization and Physiological Functions - 180 Capsules
- THORNE RESEARCH - Magnesium CitraMate (135mg -90 caps 1ea) 2 pack!
- Natural Vitality Calm #1 Selling Magnesium Citrate Supplement, Anti-Stress Magnesium Supplement Drink Mix Powder - Original Flavor, Vegan, Gluten Free and Non-GMO (Package May Vary), 16oz 113 Servings
- Source Naturals Serene Science GABA 750 mg Calm Mind - 180 Capsules
- NOW Supplements, GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid)500 mg + B-6, 200 Count, Veg Capsules
- Stress-Relax Pharma GABA 100 mg by Natural Factors, Non-Drowsy Stress Support for Relaxation and Mental Focus, 60 Vegetarian Capsules (30 Servings)
- Thorne Research - PharmaGABA-250 - Natural Source GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid) Supplement - Promotes a Calm, Relaxed, Focused State of Mind - 60 Capsules
- ^ https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a26628467/taylor-swift-30th-birthday-lessons/
- ^ https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1053/theanine
- ^ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5018574/
- ^ https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/sleep-newzzz/201708/what-you-need-know-about-l-theanine
- ^ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17182482
- ^ https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/gaba-uses-and-risks
- ^ https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0197018618307101
- ^ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18296328
- ^ https://www.mdpi.com/2306-5710/2/2/13/htm
- ^ https://www.healthline.com/health/l-theanine#benefits-and-uses
- ^ https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/286839.php#benefits
- ^ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK507250/